Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3-Way Crossover Points

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2020 at 5:30am
last time I posted this was almost 10 years ago, still works:

It can be done

Its not adviseable but you can use it in stereo 3 way config to get a proper 4 way mono output, I know and have done so a few times. I will say that these crossovers are really very poor in terms of sound quality and proper digital lms really makes a huge difference but you can make it work

Take the mono signal from the desk and input it into channel 1 on the crossover so that you have bass to mid @ 90hz then mid to tops @ 2.2khz. The sub out put goes to your sub amp, the top out put goes to your top amp and the "mid" output goes into channel 2 on the crossover. You then set the bass to mid on channel 2 @ 180hz and the mid to tops as high as possible and use the bass output on channel 2 to go to your kicks amp and the mids output to go to your tops amp.

This does work and does sound ok. Do not even think about trying to sort out any kind of delay that actually works because you cant do it. I couldnt even get kicks to line up with subs nicely using the delay on this crossover.

The other way to do it is to get a cheep as chips berry eq (such as the fbq1502 or 3102) and use the mono sub output on that to power your subs and then use the cx3400 to cross from kick to mid to top in 3 way stereo mode.

If you have the crossover already then these are the work arrounds, if you dont have it already then dont get one unless it is very very cheep. I still have mine and now only use it to crossover the mid and comp in my dj moniter.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12