Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amp suggestions for smaller soundsystem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2020 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

Does the system or owner require any of these features?

Originally posted by nejten nejten wrote:

Not really, I have a Behringer 2496dcx so limiting etc is no problem and its a simple system not for fancy PA use.

The limiters available in the Powersoft amps are streets ahead of what the DCX2496 can do. The DCX2496's peak limiters will keep an amplifier out of clip, but that's not the same as protecting your drivers.
I'd suggest the FIR processing could be an interesting learning opportunity - part of taking things to the next level.

It's your cash, of course, but I think there's a strong case for the T604.

Chris

PS - U.Viktor, I was wondering when you'd show up. You seem to forget that much has a non-zero crest factor, but that's okay. The Powersoft T-series amplifiers perform very well in use. If you'd tried them for yourself, you'd know that.
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 12:46pm
What We have seen about testing "newer" Powersoft amplifiers is that they *CAN NOT DELIVER REAL SERIOUS CONTINUOUS POWERS* Built with very weak PSU, power figures are largely inflated.
Exactly same situation with their active modules, but all their active modules suck.. as everybody knows.

10% average specs from Powersoft is a joke, even AES would need at least 25% peak-to-average capabilities.

So this is the main limiting factor :-) it ha the advantage that much less likely will not destroy your speakers , however your subs, sustained power /SPL performance will suffer too..
And sometimes not only the LOW section needs at least 1/3 of the peak for several seconds to provide not compressed output .

Edited by U.Viktor - 09 August 2020 at 12:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123