Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

31 band two channel graphic EQ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 9:42am
You do ring out your monitors don’t you?
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 10:50am
soundcraft ui24 has feedback suppression and doesn't suffer the same connection problems as the ui16 and ui12 - though these are usable if you hardwire them or get a third party router.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Safetyman Safetyman wrote:

Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

Behringer DEQ1024 worked okay. Is actually a digital eq with a graphical interface - so sounded a lot better than their budget analogue graphics. seem to go for about £60 on ebay.
Ok, thanks.

just had a look at some of the reviews for the DEQ1024 online - a lot of anti-berry snobby comments from people who have never used one but positive reviews from those who have. admittedly though it is a dual channel unit it doesn't have two set of sliders which might be a drawback for some. some berry products are actually very good for the money and have features not available on more expensive products. MDX2600 compressor another example. and the ultradrive and ultracurve.
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Since I picked up a measurement mic and processed the monitors properly and got myself a set of decent mics, I haven't had to. There's enough GBF to take an old-school 350W RMS 12" 2-way box (placed near the base of the mic stand) to the limits. For a close monitoring situation, that's sufficient IME.

Chris

Edited by Chris Grimshaw - 09 August 2020 at 12:53pm
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
Safetyman View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Yes
Protect your hearing, and feel the music.

MU South East Roving Safety Rep.
Boxes-R-Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 10:47pm
If you REALLY want to do this, the Sabine ADF-4000 is the WEAPON of choice...

If you drive them carefully they really work well, but, if you don't take 101 precautions (you know no SM58s on stage (they are now called Audix om-5 or om-7) High pass ALL wedges @ 145Hz, etc you won't get a great sound with the ADF-4000.

but with 1/30th (yep 300 band GEQ!) octave and -30dB of cut (with GEQ/Para as well as the flying filters) they are monsters.

Now days I use the Para on the desk (binned graphs long before digital, they are just neanderthal) and SPLnFFT on an iPhone when the cello player has a cheap bug.

I have 3 ADFs and 2 for "spares" (yes they are the ones Entec used on TGI Fridays when they had to bury the wedges under grills in the stage) which I would gladly sell a very fair price!

PM me, I'll throw a listing up on eBay as per forum requirements!

BUT, please use these as tool (they overlay an RTA onto the screen) to "learn" what is going wrong!!!

Also Curve ball, use X32 rack and iPad (ideally as mons desk) but as 16ch Parametrice with RTA overlay...

16 channels of EQ (Para or GEQ if you must) for £700?????? 

You could get a DN360 for that (JUST.....) in 1988!!!!!

Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12