Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexo PS15 MK1 problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2020 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Ps15 in full range mode is on pin+2 & -2 of an nl4
Right.
And that means that in order to get 2 speakers working in passive mode and in stereo from a 2 ch amp you need to rewire the speakon cables, 1+1- at the amp end and 2+2- at the speaker end.
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2020 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Ps15 in full range mode is on pin+2 & -2 of an nl4
Right.
And that means that in order to get 2 speakers working in passive mode and in stereo from a 2 ch amp you need to rewire the speakon cables, 1+1- at the amp end and 2+2- at the speaker end.
Basically. 
The LS subs are on pin 1, so LS with a ps on top, you only need a 4 core cable and a link.

The connector on the internal crossover, should have a link on it in passive mode. 
They are all pretty old now, I've had to repair dry joints on the crossovers a fair bit last year (out of a stock of 5). Also be aware that the track on the pcb will probably be lifting. 
BradRWills View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradRWills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2020 at 1:59am
The easiest way to do this in my experience is to use a patch panel - and wire the sub into 1+ / 1- and the tops into 2+/2-.

Then you just run a single 4 core to each side, and a fly cable between the sub and the top.  Works for me! 

It takes a while to get used to the odd wiring config on them,  but it does, when you think about it, make a lot of sense!  

Or... they’re broken - in which case, send me the cabs, because mine look like they’ve served in several war zones at the moment 😂

Edited by BradRWills - 12 December 2020 at 2:00am
Please check out my covers band! HERE!

And my live sound blog too! HERE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12