Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Soundsystem for reggae/dub enjoyment-Home version
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soundsystem for reggae/dub enjoyment-Home version

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2020 at 7:43pm
The real Reggae dudes (aged 50+), will have had booming hifi sets in their bedrooms, when they were 12-13 years old.. LOL

They know what a pair of 3x way cabs, with either 12/15" woofer will do, given decent Class A amp, and ADC Equalizer.

A Gsub or similar, loaded with original PD186, or Fane 18XB600, powered by 1x side of Crest CA18, will give oodles of low smooth sub, starting at 32hz, at low volume.

Just get Klark Tekniks DN360, for tuning/annoying neighbours.LOL

Edited by levyte357- - 20 September 2020 at 7:44pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 4:13pm
I have 1x LIGWA 18'' loaded with Radion 2218 in the kitchen with a 12'' kick and a pair of 2x 8'' with 1/2'' dual concentric tops and I listen to deep reggae cuts and dub.
Tried a scoop in the same and it was reflecting all over the place. It was like it was all out of phase (which of course scoops generally are.)

A nice simple, well put together reflex cab will give you a better response down low at low volumes and be more efficient. Also quite a bit smaller. scoops sound ok outside and in spaces big enough they can do their thing. If you cant hit 45hz with some authority behind it you're not going to like it, and no scoop likes that if it's on it's own.
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12