Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marc Bolans sound system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote more10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marc Bolans sound system
    Posted: 22 September 2020 at 8:20pm
Trying to find a selling angle I googled Marc Bolans sound system. 

https://geirmykl.wordpress.com/2017/11/09/article-about-marc-bolan-from-sounds-august-14-1971/

3 Vampower 100 watt amp
3 Vamp cabinets
2 Vox Supreme amps
1 Vox Supreme cabinet
1 Vox AC30 amp
1 WEM echo unit
1 fuzz box
1 treble booster
1 wah wah pedal
8 100 watt stereo quad amps
5 RCA cabinets – custom built by Kelsey and Morris
5 monitor speakers – custom built by Kelsey and Morris
1 studio mixer deck – custom built by Kelsey and Morris
5 horns – custom built by Kelsey and Morris
1 transformer – custom built by Kelsey and Morris

madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2020 at 5:51pm
A classic Kelsey Morris PA, presumably. Including their customised Quad 303's or 50E's. But I'm not sure about the quantities, there should be an even number of PA cabinets.

Edited by madboffin - 23 September 2020 at 5:54pm
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2020 at 10:59am
I know when I saw Marc with T-Rex at the Roundhouse back in the days he was deffo using HH amps.

The specs of the PA system look pathetic when you consider what a band today would have on tour. 
Interesting fact about Marc - the reason he was in the mini when he died was because his manager had lent his Rolls Royce to Hawkwind who were on tour.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2020 at 3:57pm
I believe he used to run HH ic100 amps
100% Earth Moving Bass
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by jazomir jazomir wrote:

I know when I saw Marc with T-Rex at the Roundhouse back in the days he was deffo using HH amps.

The specs of the PA system look pathetic when you consider what a band today would have on tour. 
Interesting fact about Marc - the reason he was in the mini when he died was because his manager had lent his Rolls Royce to Hawkwind who were on tour.

Better copy of the same image here:

Pin by Alicja Szafarczyk on Marc Bolan | Marc bolan, Music pictures, Punk  music

Deffo Vamp amp together with the H|H amps ~ and Fender speaker boxes:

Marc Bolan Canvas Prints | Fine Art America
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2020 at 4:58pm
They are Fender Dual Showman 2x15" cabinets fitted with extended range JBL k130 drivers.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2020 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by jazomir jazomir wrote:

The moral there is,never lend your Rolls Royce to anybody! But yes,hit a tree in two and half tons of  Rolls,the car would be fine, just the tree would fall down.
Be seeing you.
more10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote more10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2020 at 7:05pm
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2020 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

They are Fender Dual Showman 2x15" cabinets fitted with extended range JBL k130 drivers.

God bless you Robbo, not only do you identify the cabs but also the drivers, you need to right that book bud Smile, As for Mark Bolan, he was a giant of the time, David Bowie wrote the track All the young dudes made famous by Mott the hoople, and the lyrics, "why do I need tv when Iv'e got T rex" Bowie thought Bolan was a genius, enough said.

doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:50am
I lived in his house on stoke newinton common, Just a house really!

Post Reply Post Reply