Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TANNOY GOLD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 1:22pm

Smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 8:47pm
These Tannoy drivers could be serviced by Lockwood Audio
But it isn't going to be cheap. Cos they were never cheap...
Is there no ID on a band around the magnet?
 should be a Tannoy 38xx
3805 is a PA puma driver. But most people seem to want about £1K+ or so for a set of Pumas,
3809 is Studio monitor / Hi fi -& object of desire.
Only found one pair of  3809 on ebay and they want £10K for them. Which maybe is a bit extreme but Then again I think the cheapest new Tannoy 15" boxes I could find in a quick web search are £4.5K

If I was you I would get them rebuilt, stick them in BIG boxes and put them in your front room.
If you can get away with it. - Not WAF friendly, Untill they hear them at least!

I have an actual pair of Tannoy Monitor Golds (1974) with the Alinco magnets that are in HPD Berkeley cabinets - (Which at 100 litres are barely big enough to get them to work.
They originally cost me £30 a long time ago,and took a lot of work to restore & get up to spec.  :-)

4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2020 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Tweeter_Box Tweeter_Box wrote:

for flip sake, how do i embed pics again?

embedding  pix type the following

#img#full url of image[/img]

replacing the two hash signs with a forward slash as per the last argument..

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2020 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Originally posted by Tweeter_Box Tweeter_Box wrote:

for flip sake, how do i embed pics again?

embedding  pix type the following

#img#full url of image[/img]

replacing the two hash signs with a forward slash as per the last argument..

Doh.. replacing the hash signs with square brackets 
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
Zeno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2020 at 9:41pm
Also think it is a K3808 chassis. I know this one compared to the Monitor Gold and would say that it sounds just as good. Maybe even a bit better since the K3808's diaphragm is very light. However, this has a disadvantage which can be seen on the picture of jammin75. The membrane has, if you look closely, a break near the sourround. That happened with mine as well. And all around. At least that is my experience. On the picture, where the two GRF corner horns are on top of each other, the Gold Monitor is in the upper one and the K3808 in the lower one. We had built 4 GRFs for our festivals. An incredible sound for that time. And still today :-).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12