Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best cab for this rare car sub? T/S included

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best cab for this rare car sub? T/S included
    Posted: 06 October 2020 at 8:04pm

Hey Guys, looking at these numbers (xxx15) what sort of cab would it best fit? Sealed, ported, 4th/6th order band pass etc.

A friend of mine has picked it up and wants to give it some welly but its in a tight sealed enclosure at the moment so i thought I would ask you worthy speaker buffs what you thought. He has the amp to power it properly, how can he get the best from it looking at the TS?

Cheers.
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 10:29pm
What make and model is driver?

Sometimes easier to just buy quality used unit, like JL Audio, Rockford Fosgate, and buy their cab for the driver, used.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:26pm
The manufacturer has sealed and ported plans on the website. As for what is best... depends how it will be used and what type of response the user is looking for.

Edited by Conanski - 06 October 2020 at 11:26pm
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:28pm
They are not very efficient.
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 12:46am
@lev: thats a good idea. It's in a home made cab at the moment.
@APC321: It seems he is not that bothered. As it's rare, or apparently (someone offered him 6times his outlay right away as its a V1??) and it's car audio he is happy.

Oh conanski you little beauty. I will send him the link and he will be happy as a pig in poop. Bloody marvellous you lot are.

my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 8:18am
Qts is on the high side for ported - it'll need a big box if you go that way. 4th order bandpass might be an option.
Best bet is download WinISD Pro and see how it looks.

Chris
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 12:33pm
For decent Car sub woofers, big box with tuned slot port give best SPL/Low end extension.

I am not just talking about simple, soppy vented box, which are very average.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
 Post Reply Post Reply