Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viable.. ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2020 at 8:24am
A lot of cased nexo ps10 and ps15 camco amps and controllers! (All the controllers are listed as ls1200 as thats what theyve read off the front i guess) Once you add the fees and taxes not exactly bargains though. 
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2020 at 9:29am
well, that was a complete waste of my time, spotted a few interesting and quirky lots, logged into bidspotter and put in my one hit max bids for everything of interest. I bid quite generously on several lots of interest, but EVERY SINGLE LOT failed to meet reserve..

“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2020 at 12:21pm
I don't get the low starting prices and high reserve prices, why not just start the auction at the reserve?

(also as far as I can see they want almost 75% of RRP, before you add fees.... crazy)
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by kipman725 kipman725 wrote:

I don't get the low starting prices and high reserve prices, why not just start the auction at the reserve?

(also as far as I can see they want almost 75% of RRP, before you add fees.... crazy)

Makes people bid higher, they usually drop the reserves nearer the end of the auction.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2020 at 2:33pm
I'm told this was all bought in 2 lots from an Irish company that folded earlier this year. Presumably the new owners aren't in a mad rush to sell stuff so might be in a position to sit on it till they can make a good profit.
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2020 at 4:57pm
It was first listed by the administrators?

the gear comes from the pearl goup dublin
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 11:47am
The Tannoy factory auction is open (not covid related)

Some interesting stuff.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

Some interesting stuff.

Not too many Tannoy Golds in that lot!  LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

Some interesting stuff.

Not too many Tannoy Golds in that lot!  LOL

I'll bet the corner horns and the Lockwoods go for very good money tho  LOL
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 6:48pm
Yes . no doubt. I wouldn't mind trying out those VSX 12.2BP subs - see how they go with my T12's. Or the VX 12's.   Smile
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 9:51pm
I was eyeing up the same stuff earplug... so is everyone else then i suspect.  Ill just have to settle for the sharp microwave,  a corner desk and my personal favourite, a box of remotes. 
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2020 at 6:41am
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

I was eyeing up the same stuff earplug... so is everyone else then i suspect.  Ill just have to settle for the sharp microwave,  a corner desk and my personal favourite, a box of remotes. 

Or a couple of trolleys with "contents" & a magnitizer!!  LOL LOL LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123