Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Converted car audio to mini SS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysofree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2020 at 11:07am
Still not finished, but here are some photos.

It lacks a little bit of the very bottom low freq but it's understandable. Still need to test and measure mini-hd15 and compare it with simpliest box, coz it lacks attack and power.

Maybe you can recommend me some kick design that would be good for 16,5cm speaker?

For aesthetics i will paint black edges and corners :)

Edited by skysofree - 31 October 2020 at 11:10am
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2020 at 7:16pm
And? Do the piezo’s add some zinggggg to the rig?
skysofree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysofree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2020 at 9:53am
Ah, yes. 
I was aftaid of those but actually they give a really nice touch to HF. All the hi-hats gained nice attack without destroying the rest of sound.

Those piezos had build-in roll-off at 4kHz. Maybe in future i will apply some crossover to it but it's really nice now how it is.

The only weak point is mids. Soon i will try to equalize it via laptop, through audio interface to amp 3x input to apply eq and comp only on certain bands.

And here additional photo i made at party yesterday :)

Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2020 at 12:48pm
Really like the overall look when you think it is all scavenged gear. Couldn’t be some sort of cancelling of a reversed phase going on in the mids? Had that issue on my own rig and only find out after rewiring everything.

Edited by Bams - 01 November 2020 at 12:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12