Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ebay scammer warning.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 1:17pm
I imagine your mate has already but he needs to keep going at PayPal , try and talk to a supervisor and explain , its really important that he keeps a level head and not go off ranting. explain the situation clearly, ask the supervisor when the last time was that they had heard of someone videoing an opening of a parcel . ive had bad situations like these reversed on a couple of times by PayPal. they have a pot of money for disputes and can use it to keep both parties happy . Its worth a shot although I imagine I have been lucky in the past.

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by DjArch DjArch wrote:

they have a pot of money for disputes and can use it to keep both parties happy

Yeah, I sold something with a very clear description (a Wii U game that we'd accidentally bought for our Wii), even pointing out that it was Wii U and NOT Wii.
About a week later I had a case opened saying they wanted to return it as it didn't work in their Wii *faceplam* (I'd specified no returns)
Originally they found in her favour, then I presented my case, including pointing out my wording in the listing.

In the end she got a refund, and I got the game back AND kept the money.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 3:12pm
how bizarre ! Norty , we are on about someone videoing an unboxing , I clicked on the link at the bottom of your post "frikkin lasers" to go to your Facebook page . first post is you videoing an unboxing !

Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2020 at 1:41am
Sadly, there are a small number of people that have worked out how to play the ebay system. We've had a few ourselves, and as a result we now have around 200 or more buyers we've had to block on ebay, and numerous reports to action fraud. Ebay are complicit in the fraud, but there isnt much you can do, they just keep fobbing you off.

We no longer sell high value items on ebay, and until ebay do something about buyer scams, I would recommend nobody else does either. Set your limit at what you are willing to lose, and anything high value, find another way.

just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2020 at 11:36am
^ This exactly Andy. Ebay is fine for items that cost a tenner, as if it all goes wrong,it's no big loss, but as for high-value items, forget it.
Be seeing you.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2020 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by DjArch DjArch wrote:

how bizarre ! Norty , we are on about someone videoing an unboxing , I clicked on the link at the bottom of your post "frikkin lasers" to go to your Facebook page . first post is you videoing an unboxing !

Yeah but that was excitement unboxing for a very cool product from a Kickstarter, not because of any suspicion of fraud

I do take pics and video of some items before its sent though. I've had to make damage claims in the past and found it very useful in proving that it was adequately protected. That includes 'in progress' packing to show layers of foam etc going in.
It might also be useful to prove whether the packaging on arrival matched the packaging on receipt. I sometimes use a Sharpie to draw lines across joins in boxes and tape layers. That a great way to tell if anything has been moved or re-done.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234