Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BMS vs Celestion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 4:47pm
a grand for the driver and a grand for the horn - yikes!
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 10:32am
That's out of my price range for sure... who is that horn marketed to? I would never spend that kind of money on a horn flare as a DIY sound system guy. I would rather build something my self.

In other news B&C have released their new gigantic horn for the DCX464, no idea how much it costs but its plastic and its b&c so I can only assume its less than 1000 pounds. 

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 12:23pm
The B&C ME464 costs roughly the same as the DCX464, so that is not a cheap one either.
IanD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 3:07pm

Huge horn, huge price...

Mind you, £950 for the horn is only the same as the driver -- so I don't know where this "half the price of the BMS" came from...

Edited by IanD - 17 October 2020 at 3:10pm
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by citizensc citizensc wrote:

That's out of my price range for sure... who is that horn marketed to? I would never spend that kind of money on a horn flare as a DIY sound system guy. I would rather build something my self.

In other news B&C have released their new gigantic horn for the DCX464, no idea how much it costs but its plastic and its b&c so I can only assume its less than 1000 pounds. 

Blue Aran have them on order.  http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=BACME464

Cut n paste from that page:

£507.76 £423.13 ex VAT
2-3 £497.60 ea.4-7 £487.45 ea.8+ £477.29 ea.

< name="add" method="post">

If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Cheekybox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheekybox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2020 at 1:20am
Thanks to everyone for posting. 
Seems folks are unsure either because of the price, or, the fact no one has heard this driver. 
I am still intrigued to know whether the performance of the celestion justifies the high cost over the BMS. Hunt is on to try and find one to hear!
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2020 at 1:54am
Out of curiosity is there any reason you are not considering the DCX464?
Cheekybox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheekybox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 1:53pm
I've got one of the large horns so im interested in the driver it was designed for. As i am using the 4590 on this horn i'd like to know how the celestion would compare. The b&c looks fine but i want to learn about one particular option rather than any alternative option. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12