Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

w bin cab id/advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Bams Bams wrote:

They were to be found everywhere but ended up in the freetekno/ravescene the last 10 years so travelled a lot.

These pair look like the horn throat has been purple at one point so highly likely they have been part of a sound system too.
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 2:07pm
The Court bins were based on one of the standard designs published by speaker manufacturers in the 60's or 70's - JBL I think. Stephen Court (RIP) originally worked for the UK's JBL importer and his early systems were all built to plans freely provided by JBL, some with his own modifications and improvements.

All the driver manufacturers produced DIY cabinet designs as a way to encourage people to buy their components.

Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by madboffin madboffin wrote:

The Court bins were based on one of the standard designs published by speaker manufacturers in the 60's or 70's - JBL I think. Stephen Court (RIP) originally worked for the UK's JBL importer and his early systems were all built to plans freely provided by JBL, some with his own modifications and improvements.

All the driver manufacturers produced DIY cabinet designs as a way to encourage people to buy their components.

This dual 15 and single 18 W-bin design and spin-offs were published in a lot of loudspeaker build handbooks from Fane, Eminence, etc. in the 80's, 90's, ... On this French site Freeplans.fr, you find this too and I think that came straight out of one of those handbooks. Stage Accompany started with these designs, originally with JBL speakers and later with "their own" design speakers, because they were better ... mmm ... okay ;-). Well, they were good too, not better.
I have drawings somewhere from the mid/late 70's issued by JBL (Donald Keele) with K-151 18" speaker. All with response figures for different port tuning and so on. Don't remember what the 15" were, but probable also some K or E-series like E-140. Plans for 4520/4530/4550/4560 also, but they had different names back than, like n°33 (in that style, I have to look it up to know what it was).

Edited by Peter Jan - 21 October 2020 at 5:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12