Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Goverment help for small rental houses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 9:56pm
And there lies one of the problems with this situation.

The sheer amount of people not declaring any income, no filing of self employment until last moment, cash buying and selling expensive equipment, saying they are a company when they aren’t registered as one, taking on large amounts of finance, etc.
Essentially ‘doing odd freelancer jobs’ and ‘other stuff on the side’ is still undeclared. Then when asked to prove your earnings things get uncomfortable.
This is not confined to the events industry but is very prevalent within and obviously keeps a lot of it ticking over.

I say that without judgement, as we’ve all got to do what we have to just to make our way in life. God knows the elites doing it are far worse to set an example to the rest of us.

I just feel that there were much Better ways than giving out large sums of money, which is also open to abuse and failings as being witnessed. But we are where we are sadly.
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by wires wires wrote:

And there lies one of the problems with this situation.

The sheer amount of people not declaring any income, no filing of self employment until last moment, cash buying and selling expensive equipment, saying they are a company when they aren’t registered as one, taking on large amounts of finance, etc.
Essentially ‘doing odd freelancer jobs’ and ‘other stuff on the side’ is still undeclared. Then when asked to prove your earnings things get uncomfortable.
This is not confined to the events industry but is very prevalent within and obviously keeps a lot of it ticking over.

I say that without judgement, as we’ve all got to do what we have to just to make our way in life. God knows the elites doing it are far worse to set an example to the rest of us.

I just feel that there were much Better ways than giving out large sums of money, which is also open to abuse and failings as being witnessed. But we are where we are sadly.

Which is why the gov used 2018 to 2019 because its locked in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12