Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT121

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MT121
    Posted: 23 October 2020 at 4:00pm
So I got a tamp 800w 

Got a MT121 
Loaded with 
PD123er 400w driver
BM-D750 100w Comp

Tamp dose 8ohm 350w per channel 
4ohm 500w per channel 

How do I choose between ohm settings or dose it automatically read what power needs to be sent, or do I do tbis on my xover 

Aslo would this MT run at 4ohm 

Got a 1200w to run drivers and 800w for comps to power 2 MTs at 8ohm 

but Wanna see If I can run 1 top of the 800w amp 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 4:44pm
the mt121 needs to be looked at as 2 separate speakers in one box. they both need their own amp channel and crossover channel.

an amp that will do 500w into a 4 ohm load will do about 300w probably into an 8 ohm load. nothing to switch, that's just how power works.
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 7:46pm
Hi, you've got 3 posts up. 2 titled MT121 and 1 titled scoops. Between the 3 posts the advice you're seeking is a bit garbled and could have done with being all in one place. 

My understanding of the situation is that you have a 800 watt t amp and a 1200 watt tamp to power the MT121s.

You also have a BS1200 and 3 scoops. You have not indicated what amplifier you have to drive these. Assuming you're going to run these in a mono stack and also assuming that you have a fairly hefty (power wise) 2 ohm ready amp then you can put the 3 scoops on one side (loading will be 2.66 ohms) and the BS1200 on the other (loading will be 4 ohms).

So essentially you have a 4 way set up. I am not familiar with Vector crossovers but assume it's capable of running the amplifiers for such a set up.

I'm a bit confused as to why you're asking about running one MT121 off the tamp 800 but the short answer is yes, powering each unit from different channels.
Chewit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2020 at 7:03am
Thanks for the help! 
I’m new at all this haha

I’m looking up getting upgrading to 6 way crossover
Channel 1 - scoop
             2 - scoops on a link 
             3 - bs1200
             4 - MT driver
             5 - MT comp 
Looking at getting a JAM Q10 to run all 3 scoops and Bs1200

Only asking about running the Mt with the 800w as wanted to play around with 1 scoop and 1 MT on top, as only got the 2 amps at the moment. 
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2020 at 2:02pm
Before I advise you more can you let me know if the Vector crossover is capable of at least 4 way deployment? If so we can get you up and running now.

As for what you've stated as your near future plans you can still run everything you've listed from a 4 way crossover. What you have listed as "scoops on a link" does not need to take up a crossover channel even if your going to use another amp channel.

You don't need a 4 channel amp either. A better quality 2 channel amp that is 2 ohm ready would in my view be a better investment. As in my previous reply you can run all 3 scoops on one channel at 2,67 ohms and the BS1200 on the other channel at 4 ohms. 

You might also consider getting a 2nd hand heavyweight amp on bass duty. For £700 (the cost of a Q10) there are some pretty good offerings out there.

Post Reply Post Reply