Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unknown Bose speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivmos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unknown Bose speakers
    Posted: 06 November 2020 at 4:13pm
Hello everyone! I got a couple of Bose speakers. 
Measured t/s parameters: 
Re 6.20 ohm; 
Le 3.283 mH; 
fs 75.5 Hz;
Qms 10.453; 
Qes 1.240; 
Qts 1.108; 
Mms 113.56 g; 
Vas 11.35 liters; 
Bl 17.277 Tm; 
Sd 460 cm^2. 
Help me identify them. 
Where were they used? Why do they have a high resonance?
https://postimg.cc/jWgfVCsL -
https://postimg.cc/sQGvtc6N -
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 5:47pm

Googling "Bose 144392" reveals a Bose 502B sub driver

djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 6:36pm
Yep, 502B driver. But I'd re-check those T/S parameters... the Qts should be around 0.4 - 0.5 and the Fs should be somewhere between 40 - 45Hz.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 2:55pm
The BP502 was easily the worst sounding one note fart box ever produced so I'm not surprised the driver doesn't appear to be suitable.
ivmos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivmos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 2:58pm
Thank you for your answers! I re-measured the parameters using another software. The quality factor was slightly lower. The resonance is the same.

Edited by ivmos - 07 November 2020 at 3:00pm
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 11:46pm
 All the years I've spent in and around PA and that's the first time I've actually seen a photo of the rear of a Bose driver, I thought they were RCF drivers at first glance.
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2020 at 2:07am
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

All the years I've spent in and around PA and that's the first time I've actually seen a photo of the rear of a Bose driver, I thought they were RCF drivers at first glance.
Trying to remember what the one in a bass cannon looked like, probably very similar. 
SOUNDMASTER.CAR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOUNDMASTER.CAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 9:28pm
really the parameters are correct.
These transducers do have a high resonance frequency.
due to its construction and proposal. the bose brand uses this speaker in at least 3 different models of boxes:
302b uses a pair of drivers with a range of 55 - 180hz
502b uses a drive range of 45 - 160hz
and also the
 acoustic wave cannon
with a drive and range from 25hz to 125
all using the same transducer mentioned above.
SOUNDMASTER.CAR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOUNDMASTER.CAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 9:35pm
this speaker has an interesting characteristic in the material of its centering and in the material of the cone.
As you apply continuous power to it, the material alters its resonant frequency where it manages to drop frequencies a lot with good damping without damage.
I got some information about this transducer because my father had worked at Bose when these systems were created.
I still have a pair of this model I will send the parameters of it below.

Post Reply Post Reply