Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speaker plans (Reggae SS)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speaker plans (Reggae SS)
    Posted: 16 December 2020 at 10:14pm
Hello, 

We have started building our sound system and we have found available B&C speakers in our place. We are learning. In that sense, I see many of the speaker plans are for Precision Device, Eminence and sometimes RCF. Do you know where I could get some good plans for B&C? 

Thank you, 

Edited by Guido - 16 December 2020 at 10:17pm
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 10:54am
Welcome guido, 
Loudspeaker box designs are NOT specific to any brand. They are universal. Every company makes a lot of different transducers, each with individual technical properties -> each loudspeaker model has it's own electric and acoustic parameters. These parameters are standardized and enable comparison between transducers, and simulation of performance of box  and transducer combinations within software.

These parameters are called "thiele small" parameters.

In general, you can put any loudspeaker in any box, just make sure first by simulation (or comparison of T/S parameters) that the transducer is suitable and well performing in the bix you have or want to build.

The two  most used free programs are winISD (for bass reflex)  and HornResp (for all kind of bass/mid horns).

For general advice and questions it is preferrable to post in the general or newbie forum.

If you meant to ask if you can use B&C woofers in HD15, then the short answer is yes, you can. 
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 11:28am
Also, if you go on the B+C website there are some excellent plans on there which will cover most of their drivers.
Sinai Sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 12:55pm
Guido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 2:26pm
Thank you very much for the answer. I have checked the B&C speaker designs on the webpage. I guess, as you say, mine is more an newbie question. I can't find B&C plans for HD15, but I will considers the specs you mentioned. 
thank you again!
Guido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 2:31pm
Thank you Sinai. I follow your work. Have you ever used BnC speakers? 
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 3:36pm
B and C SPEAKER DRIVERS are A+....................

monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 3:45pm
The other information that would be good is what music style you looking at playing and what size of audience you expect. Will you be playing outdoors or inside. Do you want a system that you can add to or just keep a reasonable size. From this you then start working out what type of designs you need for sub/bass/kick/mid/top. (And you don’t need all five of them!) A good bass/mid/top system is great for about 98% of all music.
blah blah blah blah blah......
Guido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 3:58pm
We are a reggae sound system. The plan is to build first

2 Scoops (Mogale) 18" 
2 Kicks HD 15
2 MT 121 

Then we would add more, if things go well. 

Thanks to everyone for the advice. 

monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 8:04pm
Ace, so actually the question you need to ask is which B&C drivers can be recommended for these speaker boxes. It might also be worth considering a different kick bin instead of the HD. There are many 18” options which might be more suitable to the B&C range. It will also give better flexibility if you need a much smaller system sometimes as things like the USB or ES18 can go lower than the HD.
blah blah blah blah blah......
Guido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 8:31pm
Do you mean having 18"s for kicks instead of 15? Sorry if I understood wrong
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2020 at 9:51am
Yes  he means exactly that. 
 Post Reply Post Reply