Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VENUES TO OPEN & PUT ON GIGS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2020 at 10:20pm
Count yourself lucky
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2020 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by bin juice24 bin juice24 wrote:

I still don’t know one person with a positive covid test.

Something isn’t right.

I thought the same until a few weeks ago then three family members tested positive, one of them had no symptoms, another had mild flu like symptoms, the other had much worse flu like symptoms and breathing difficulties. I haven't been for a test because it'll only tell me what I already know as I'm getting out of breath walking up the stairs at the moment... Ouch
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:41am
Originally posted by monkeypuzzle monkeypuzzle wrote:

I understand your reasoning on the troll moniker but a troll is someone that deliberately and maliciously seeds disinformation. In this case we are all from a wide spectrum of backgrounds and experiences and these lead us to certain outlooks or predilections to a world view point.

No individual can claim they have the full picture and no individual can value their life experience over another. Spending time looking over the information and facts in circulation are however a skill that has been lost for quite a few over these last few years and that's a very sad thing. 

Peoples readiness to skim something that seem to bolster their current world view (in this case neither articles actually did that) and use it as defacto evidence is a sad thing especially on a technical forum where there is a healthy amount of both subjective, objective and factual + scientific debate. It adds nothing to the debate whatever viewpoint this kind of behaviour comes from. 

Take a step back people, let go of the ego and let's work to a common good, I personally agree with the OP. 

Wanted... somewhere to play my set... somewhere to have a dance... I will continue to wear a mask to protect others. I will respect others right to space and that will bring that moment closer.

Stay safe folks and may the new year bring better times.

Yes, agreed - I too would love to get back to work - but the bloody trolls and idiots encouraging people to ignore the basic rules to beat this thing are not making it easy!  Unhappy

Like I've said now umpteen times - why have the countries from Asia - and Oceana - managed so much better. Have you seen the images of the New Year celebrations in those countries? Now compare to what's happening here. Nuff said! 

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:46am
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

Something isn’t right.

I thought the same until a few weeks ago then three family members tested positive, one of them had no symptoms, another had mild flu like symptoms, the other had much worse flu like symptoms and breathing difficulties. I haven't been for a test because it'll only tell me what I already know as I'm getting out of breath walking up the stairs at the moment... Ouch

Yes, exactly. Until it actually touches you, or family and friends, you cannot understand. I have several friends that have had this - and a couple are still really bad - months later. I have also heard that a lot of people are getting ill, but not bothering to get tested. They know what they have...  Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2021 at 4:22pm

My business is £200 K down on last year. 

Something isn’t right.

quite a lot of people say they don't know anyone who has had a positive test. I know half a dozen people and someone who has died.

2.5 million positive tests - if you know more than a couple of hundred people the probability of you knowing no one who has tested positive is less than one is a thousand. if you know seven hundred people it's one in a billion.

more likely people who test positive don't tell loads of people, especially not their weird mates who might think they are under the control of Bill Gates via 5G rays. Wink

the other possibility is that most of your friends are the type who would refuse to get a test in the first place Shocked

Edited by snowflake - 03 January 2021 at 4:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345