Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear port Velocity using high power drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giannopoulos97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear port Velocity using high power drivers
    Posted: 03 January 2021 at 12:28pm
Hello,
I am new to the forum but studying on Rog's plans and reading your topics for quite a long time.
I'm really interested in making the X1's because they are simple and quite powerful for live sound reinforcement and small to medium sized parties that I am planning on using them for.

My Driver of choice is the new 18DS100 from B&C which outshines every other driver i have tested on both BassBox Pro and winISD (18DS115, 18SW115, 18SW100, 18NW100, Beyma 18LEX).
There is one thing that I am worried about and that is Rear Port Velocity which, assuming the 18DS100 can handle more that 2kW, starts to go quite high. The numbers I get with 100 VoltsRMS (2222Watts) and No EQ is 22.5m/s at 38.5Hz. If I add a parametric EQ with 3dB if gain, 8Q at 36Hz to make up for the roll off, velocity goes up to 30.5m/s at 36Hz.
Should I be worried about that number?

The amplifier I'm going to drive them with is Labgruppen's FP14000 and yes I'll probably drive it quite hard on Techno / EDM material.
 Post Reply Post Reply