Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound ls-1811 specs? replacement?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 12:48pm
Had a quick look at the Turbosound TS-18SW700/8A driver from Thomann as suggested by Conanski.

(T/S parameters are online).

£111 + vat + £8 postage to UK seems like a good price to me, for a 4" coil 18" driver with a cast frame.

Edited by APC321 - 11 January 2021 at 2:53pm
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

have been working with these boxes since 199? They have been in & out of several installs & done countless small gigs inbetween. Believe I kept trying to get some sub and in the end gave up...One might get away with 35Hz for an acoustic act but EDM with any enthusiasm and it's hello Mr Reconemeister..  

You may be thinking of a different box as this one does not have a letterbox port, but that said with the OEM 300w driver this certainly would not have be a very capable "sub". 

Edited by Conanski - 11 January 2021 at 4:54pm
audiofun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiofun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 5:37pm
I'll go for the Turbo driver as suggested by Conanski.
Thank you all for your input!
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

[QUOTE=4D] have been working with these boxes since 199? They have been in & out of several installs & done countless small gigs inbetween. Believe I kept trying to get some sub and in the end gave up...One might get away with 35Hz for an acoustic act but EDM with any enthusiasm and it's hello Mr Reconemeister..  [/QUOTE

You may be thinking of a different box as this one does not have a letterbox port, but that said with the OEM 300w driver this certainly would not have be a very capable "sub". 

This... Not mine but same boxes .. 

https://forum.speakerplans.com/turbosound-tdx-580_topic92196.html

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 7:57pm

looks like a different box.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12