Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 way reggae sound system help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keylock7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 way reggae sound system help!
    Posted: 10 January 2021 at 4:29pm
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of trying to make a small 3 way reggae sound system (on a budget).

I have made 2 x eminence scoops - which I'm pretty pleased with! (I have been given a pair of Mackie bass drivers SRM1801 which I hope will sound ok to put in them?!)

I have also been given 2 x 12" eminence delta 12a, which through research probably isn't the most ideal driver to use for my mids. But could they be alright? If so what box would be recommended for them?

Then I am stuck on what to do for the tops! I have no idea at all! So suggestions are very welcome!
I could possibly make 2 x MT122 from the plans on here using my delta's? And find some 15" to use as kicks?

If I did choose 2x scoops, 2x 15" kicks and 2x MT122 - would I need a 4 way system as the MT122 has 2 different types of driver in?

I'm not trying to make an award-winning sound system - just something that evokes the spirit of the UK reggae sound systems I love, and as mentioned earlier - on a budget!

I will be using a Mostec 3 way pre amp - so this is a fixed 3way crossover.

I would love to hear any tips you all have!!

Thanks!

Edited by Keylock7 - 10 January 2021 at 5:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply