Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yamaha EMX2. Any experience???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yamaha EMX2. Any experience???
    Posted: 11 January 2021 at 12:36pm
Despite having recently hit my 69th year, I'm still not ready to not have a PA system. I currently have half a dozem mixers and a similar number of amps. 5 active  crossovers and a plethora of different speaker cabinets.

My thoughts are to have one setup and simplicity is the order of the day. The EMX2 will give me 250 a side which will go into one, or 2 pairs of Tannoy i8s, which I already own.

The Yammie has a built in crossover and so will feed some bottom end into a pair of subs. I have a pair of Volt 12" drivers which came from a pair of Tannoy subs, and a couple of BK plate amplifiers. 

Overall the system will give me about 1K which will be plenty for anything I'm likely to need.

Does anyone have any experience of the EMX2???
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 12:47pm
i do not, but i will say the Dynacord powermate 1000 was a cracking powered mixer (not the new one, the older version). For what it is, its a super clean sounding setup, with all the key features you'd need for playback or small gigs. It was my go-to desk at the student union for the countless temporary setups we did! 
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply