Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RLA vintage scoops....4x15?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RLA vintage scoops....4x15?
    Posted: 17 January 2021 at 5:49pm
Richard Long Associates.....I must confess to not having seen these before inside..but very interesting to see the inside, it appears to have 2 additional drivers inside firing into envelope slot throats? Watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLC5wjOpLrY

Be seeing you.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Richard Long Associates.....I must confess to not having seen these before inside..but very interesting to see the inside, it appears to have 2 additional drivers inside firing into envelope slot throats? Watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLC5wjOpLrY

Interesting indeed.

What surprised me as well, looking at some of the mixing vids
linked from that vid, was the monitor choice LOL

Bose 802's with what looks like JBL 075's on top of them; looks
as though there might be another bin underneath them.

Looking at teh Military Field video, it looks as though it's DJing
as a spectator and listening sport rather than a dancing thing,
big crowd but not a lot of movement Big smileBig smile

Looked like he was having a lot of fun tho Tongue
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 1:02am
That is super interesting, I wonder how the drivers interact with each other given it looks like the ones on the inside are working like a front loaded horn with a sealed rear chamber but the ones on the front are open to the world so have an infinite rear chamber.

I do wonder if you are meant to block off the front panel with a blanking plate or something if you are using the 2 internal mounts. Seems made to build a single 2 ohm box.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 7:45pm
imo they both share a common "chamber", flh shares the chamber with the rlh,  i`d guess both horn flares do combine at some point in the pathlength?

double front loaded horn with adjusted `blanking plate`for the `reverse`driver would make sense though, i believe flipsides 218flhs are done that way..

flh+rlh doesnt work that well, same dip at phase switch freq. of the rlh, passband limited gain of the flh part, "a punchier" yet still restricted rlh..

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2021 at 8:43am
This video was posted some years ago in a previous thread. 

Waldorf scoops have a C-fold, the internal pair of woofers seems to be slot loaded straight into it. 

I don't think there is a second horn path.

my guess is that the front baffle mounted woofers are just working as direct radiators, doing kick and low mid. Weird to have them share the same chamber. 

Post Reply Post Reply