Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement 1" Screw on Compression drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2021 at 10:37pm
As Earplug says it looks like they are a standard thread so a proper screw thread comp driver will fit but it really isn't worth it.
It looks as though the piezo's linked to above are the same so buying a replacement pair of those should get these back up and running for less than £15.
Doing this will also mean they've been put back to 'as new' condition if you ever decide to sell them on.
Cheers, Chris.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2021 at 10:48pm
I used one of those piezos in a lockdown (1)  project. I had a pair of Faital Pro 6FE100s laying around I put them in a box with a Selenium HM17-25 horn.

Rather than bothering with a crossover I put the piezo on the back of the horn with a 4u7 polypropylene cap and a resistor. Results were surprisingly  good.

I used it with a 10" sub (Volt) to play some tracks after the "Clapping for the NHS" last summer.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2021 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by APW APW wrote:

Originally posted by markie markie wrote:

I have used the ones below and they are quite good.

Terralec sell the same ones for £5.75 each inc delivery:

I've got a pair of those kicking about in a box of old drivers in the garage, you're more than welcome to them OP if you cover the postage, although it may be more economical to order new units from the links above.. 
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 2:14am
Just found this on the net. It suggests a method of improving the sound of piezos. Perhaps someone could comment on this???

If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12