Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help for WinISD number of drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssbb1fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help for WinISD number of drivers
    Posted: 13 March 2021 at 4:54pm
Hello ! This is the first time ever I post on this forum.
Long story short, I am designing a 2-way speaker enclosure for a friend.
Using WinISD, I simulate the woofer response (http://www.loudspeakerdatabase.com/fr/Dayton/RS125P#8%CE%A9).

Problem is, when creating the projet, I have seen in a Kirby meets audio video that the choose 2 for his 2 way enclosure. But that doesn't feel right.
I have some hints from the frequeny response that makes me think WinISD doesn't think he is placing the woofer with another loudspeaker on the same box, but rather he is simulating 2 times the same woofer.

So I need to know, and I hope someone will come up with an explanation I can't find online.

When selecting "2 drivers" in drivers placement in WinISD, is WinISD simulating my woofer being placed somewhere considering there is another speaker (in my case, a tweeter) or is WinISD simulating two identical woofers ?

Thank you.
ssbb1fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssbb1fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 4:57pm
excuse me, apparently I can't fix this mistake...
"Problem is, when creating the projet, I have seen in a Kirby meets audio video that the choose 2 for his 2 way enclosure." should be "Problem is, when creating the projet, I have seen in a Kirby meets audio video that he choose 2 DRIVERS IN DRIVER PLACEMENT for his 2 way enclosure."
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 5:28pm
These programs simulate low bass response only so the "driver number" in the program refers to the quantity of low frequency drivers to be used in the enclosure. The only relative factor about any mid and high frequency drivers that will also occupy the same internal space is the air volume they displace, as this displacement is not factored into the calculation and must be added by hand. The same applies to port volume displacement.

Edited by Conanski - 13 March 2021 at 5:34pm
ssbb1fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssbb1fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 8:24pm
OK thank you very much. In that case, I'll just put one in that section.
 Post Reply Post Reply