Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MAC Address Change -Realtek & Broadcom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MAC Address Change -Realtek & Broadcom
    Posted: 30 March 2021 at 1:25am
As there tends to be a broad cross section of people on here I thought I'd ask this :-

Does anyone have a utility to change the MAC address on Realtek or Broadcom Nics?

It is easy with an Intel, but I need to pop a few others (emulex would be nice too) and if I google is there is a wash of dribbling cretins with details of how to spoof a MAC in an OS, which isn't what i need, I need to permanently re-program the NIC to present another MAC, to a boot loader I have no access to.

I am aware you can do this with EthTool, but you need a key code (magic Number) to program the card.

I am sure there must be utilities out there for cards other than intel, but the wash of morons punting OS level fixes has buried them so deep I can't find them.

Before anyone asks it is to run XPenology on a HP Proliant (and a couple of SFF Acers) for a CCTV job.

No, I don't want an alternative to Synology Surveillance station.

No I won't use Dell.

Yes we buy licences and no I don't know how to install hacked CCTV licences.

Yes I am aware I can just slam an Intel X520 card into the HP to get around this.

Any help/ideas (on changing the MAC permanently) appreciated!

S

Smile

Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
 Post Reply Post Reply