Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MTH 3O build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote microvox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MTH 3O build
    Posted: 21 April 2021 at 11:03am
Hi. So I'm aiming to build an MTH 30 as I have a driver that I rescued from a car subwoofer. I know it's not the recommended driver for the cab, but this will be my first cab build and it seemed like a good place to start and a good cab design for the driver I have. I'm getting stumped by the fact that on the plans there's no indication of what angle the bevelled cut at the bottom of the baffle should be. I'm sure the solution can be found with pythagoras, but as I say, this is my first build so I'm reaching out for some advice. Thanks, and apologies for my obvious level of newbie related ignorance! 
ALLIANCE HIFI SOUND
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 2:04pm
I haven't put the plan into a proper CAD program, so this could be fractionally off but to the nearest whole degree it's 7deg.
Cheers,
David.
microvox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote microvox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 3:20pm
Thanks! Can you give me a basic explanation as to how you calculated it? I had a go with a triangle calculator and came to a similar answer, but I'm not sure I did it in the best way. Josh
ALLIANCE HIFI SOUND
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 3:34pm
Hi, I used the drawing editor in MS Word, which doesn't offer such good resolution as a proper CAD program, hence only getting to the nearest whole degree.
Cheers,
David.
 Post Reply Post Reply