Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Realistic Mach two construction plan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Realistic Mach two construction plan
    Posted: 23 April 2021 at 3:22am
i need détailed plan for making my own Realistic Mach two speaker Cabinet.

Thanks!
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2021 at 11:30am
?????????
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by VECTORDJ VECTORDJ wrote:

?????????

It's a retro/vintage home audio speaker:

The OP will probably be better on somewhere like diyaudio.com where home audio kit tends to be the main type of kit discussed.

Edited by DMorison - 23 April 2021 at 1:43pm
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2021 at 2:10pm
I used to work for Tandys in the early seventies and trust me, you really would not bother copying any of their speakers---They were all made to look very pretty and high quality but they sounded bloody terrible.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2021 at 6:07pm
OP may not be familiar with "Tandys". I think they were known as "Radio Shack" that side of the pond.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
KWB75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KWB75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2021 at 9:48am
You can put the Memorex 505 and Jamo D365 in the same category - the favourite of many a bedroom DJ in the early 90’s!
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2021 at 10:03am
Theres loads of free plans for low budget and decent quality hifi speakers out there (yes diyaudio.com is a good place to start) and really no reason to copy crap ones.

Besides, it'll cost you as much to build those as just buying some. 

If you like the 80s aesthetic you could design your own but unless you want to use it as a learning opportunity, you're better off just building a known good and respected plan.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2021 at 11:04am
You could build that cabinet, it's just a simple box - but what about the filter? I'm not too sure how easy it would be to make that!  
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2021 at 12:43pm
Yes I know what they are. Radio Shack was just down the Street at the Mall for many years. Friends owned them and also the first Mach One for their Man Caves. Best Wishes on building Your new speakers. 
 Post Reply Post Reply