Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power logging system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power logging system
    Posted: 25 May 2021 at 11:56am
I'm looking into the DC-Inverter options to help reduce our reliance on generator power and I'd really like to see roughly what our system pulls peak and long term average. I'm not looking to build DC amplifier systems, really what I'm looking at so far is a battery bank that can provide a peak load once we're over the spec of a generator. There are plenty of systems that seem to do this but I just need to get an idea of what the rig plus generic backline + some LX comes in at. 

Say base load is 4kva with peaks at 12 then a 5Kva set with a battery bank that can provide 8-16kva power assist would mean we don't need a 16kva set running inefficiently most of the time.

Thats just a very basic example fo what I'm thinking but I need some figures first so need to find something other than a Maplin power meter to get good data..... 
blah blah blah blah blah......
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 5:47pm
Is this a one-time thing, or ongoing at each gig? If it's the former, surely you know a sparky with a posh Fluke with RMS capability that owes you a favour?

Hook it up, and drive the PA and backline with M-Noise to gig levels. Then do the same but compress it 2:1 brick wall to represent 'heavy tunes'. It's better than most software's version of pink noise because of the LF extension and the increased crest factor in the HF region.
 Post Reply Post Reply