Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TGX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TGX
    Posted: 15 June 2021 at 2:19pm
Looks good, but doubt it outperforms a X4L which would be its main competitor in my eyes.
The whole PLM series is getting quite old now in comparison to the competitors.
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2021 at 2:53pm
Old, but still the road to go if you need to be rider friendly and have easy access to more. At least here in Denmark.

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2021 at 3:16pm
@FOO

That is true, but don't see that continuing on for very long after the whole Musictribe stuff.
Let alone if you have to choose a platform right now, I only see Powersoft and Linea as the big candidates. 

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2021 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

Old, but still the road to go if you need to be rider friendly and have easy access to more. At least here in Denmark.

They're newer than the Powersoft X series! As for comparison, it's rated as having 35V more peak voltage capability than an (unclipped) X4, but 46A less peak current capability.

It's also always worth noting that you're getting a 3 phase power distribution unit with every X series amp, for fair comparisons!

That said, these sound really damn good.

The Sonicue software wasn't to my taste, and it seemed that some features weren't accessible when not using their brands of speaker with turnkey preset. We had the install versions in for a job, but sent them back for that reason so I can't comment on their long term use or gig output.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2021 at 3:24pm
@toastyghost

I think FOO was referring to the PLM(+) platform.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

@toastyghost

I think FOO was referring to the PLM(+) platform.

So was I the newest models launched a little later. X series has been around since 2014.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 9:36am
Originally posted by full speed full speed wrote:

my next invest in near future of a big rack new DYNACORDS TGX20 superior and outperform the powersofts and lab gruppen PLM20K in terms of current and voltage.

the TGX20 is specified as 

Rated Power Consumption2250 W

whereas the X4L is power consumption 'max' <5000W

so be sceptical about whether the Dynacord can sustain real watts.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 9:46am
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

my next invest in near future of a big rack new DYNACORDS TGX20 superior and outperform the powersofts and lab gruppen PLM20K in terms of current and voltage.

<table style="border-radius: 0px; border-collapse: collapse; font-size: 12px; width: 1140px; font-family: boschsans; : rgb237, 237, 237;"><t style="-sizing: border-; border-radius: 0px;"><tr style="-sizing: border-; border-radius: 0px; : rgba0, 0, 0, 0.1;"><td style="-sizing: border-; border-radius: 0px; padding: 0.75rem; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb255, 255, 255; width: 341.333px; font-size: 14px !imant;">Rated Power Consumption</td><td colspan="4" style="-sizing: border-; border-radius: 0px; padding: 0.75rem; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb255, 255, 255; font-size: 14px !imant;">2250 W</td></tr></t></table>

I’d rather caution to be sceptical about whether ‘real watts’ are actually useful, unless you’re boiling water rather than playing music 😉

The TGX20 isn’t competing with an X4L on output spec nor price though. The vanilla X4 or even the new T904 is a better comparison.

I don't see a test of the TGX, but here's a translated copy of Production Partner's review & testing of the cheaper range - the Dynacord equivalent of Powersoft T series, I guess? These guys do real reviews; there are measurements of output power with various signals, limiter behaviour, distortion, and DSP performance.

https://update.dynacord.com/binary/Sodru_PP032018_Dynacord-L3600FD_E.pdf

Edited by toastyghost - 17 June 2021 at 10:13am
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 11:03am
What do the TGX sound like? EV UK Wanted me to try some on my X-Line system but we never got round to it.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

<table style="border-radius: 0px; border-collapse: collapse; font-size: 12px; width: 1140px; font-family: boschsans; : rgb237, 237, 237;"><t style="-sizing: border-; border-radius: 0px;"><tr style="-sizing: border-; border-radius: 0px; : rgba0, 0, 0, 0.1;"><td style="-sizing: border-; border-radius: 0px; padding: 0.75rem; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb255, 255, 255; width: 341.333px; font-size: 14px !imant;">Rated Power Consumption</td><td colspan="4" style="-sizing: border-; border-radius: 0px; padding: 0.75rem; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb255, 255, 255; font-size: 14px !imant;">2250 W</td></tr></t></table>

I’d rather caution to be sceptical about whether ‘real watts’ are actually useful, unless you’re boiling water rather than playing music 😉

The TGX20 isn’t competing with an X4L on output spec nor price though. The vanilla X4 or even the new T904 is a better comparison.

I don't see a test of the TGX, but here's a translated copy of Production Partner's review & testing of the cheaper range - the Dynacord equivalent of Powersoft T series, I guess? These guys do real reviews; there are measurements of output power with various signals, limiter behaviour, distortion, and DSP performance.

don't get me wrong, absolutely no need to output full power sine waves on each channel. but when there is 10dB difference between rated output and power consumption it's not going to deliver bass on every channel. maybe with some load diversity it will be good but can't see it outperforming PLM20K or powersofts as the OP says.
 Post Reply Post Reply