Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with sub designs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurfy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2021 at 1:26pm
And yes, everything will have to have dust/sand covers, I know the soil dust here is somewhat iron based, very orange and particles stick to a magnet.

So could cause major issues.
martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 5:57am
Putting the adption of one's diy-designs ahead of the actual needs or means of the user is damaging for the trust of what comes out of the DIY community in that there might be consequences for the user's reputation and business that is more often than not just starting up, a very sensitive stage.

I have learned alot from the DIY-designers and knowledgeable members in this community, they (you) are the real engine behind the many great designs now available out there free to build, either by sharing your knowledge or inspiring others to do and learn more, or both, so why not give them (you) the attention they deserve.

As for the application or deployment side of this I feel that there are others, more experienced members actively involved in the field for many years, that can offer better support, it connects a bit to the first sentence, if I can I will help, but I want to be clear that others will most likely do a better job of it.
Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
Smurfy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurfy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 8:34am
I agree, wise words.

Ever so grateful for all you guys' input

Most of the rig is EV to 150/200hz however the bottom end I'd rather do in-house, from EV it's equates to another £36k, and then shipping from Malta on top of that.
We been hosting large scale events for the last 15 years professionally, and another 15 prior to that building up to that status.

To be fair, really should have shipped another couple of containers bring the bass cabs here when we relocated.

But hey, we have the skills and knowledge and a year and a half to get sorted, will be fun being on the tools in the workshop constructing the cabs.

Easier still, I have a bespoke kitchen company who will accurately cut all the ply panels for us.

The THAM 15 is suitable, fits beneath the stage nicely too,
But..m may end up building an 18 too and do a comparison.

We will see.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by martinsson martinsson wrote:

Putting the adption of one's diy-designs ahead of the actual needs or means of the user is damaging for the trust of what comes out of the DIY community in that there might be consequences for the user's reputation and business that is more often than not just starting up, a very sensitive stage.

Clap wow, i wish everyone was as down-to-earth and humble as you! Clap

APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 2:22pm

Anders, your tham designs are highly regarded by most people who have built & use them, they are easy to build and for their small size, with the right driver installed fitted they preform extremely well …..

….. you are to humble, Thank you for all the hard effort you and Johannes have put into these designs, you should be proud of your achievement.

martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 5:49pm
Thanks guys, really, and I am very happy about how the THAM's turned out, as is Johannes, but believe me when I say that they never would have seen the light of day if it was not for the open sharing of knowledge and collaboration of the international DIY audio community, and that includes, in the most significant way, the free software tool hornresp

The DIY field has produced alot of great designs that rival and even surpass those of the big name companies and their vastly superior resources and staff of highly skilled engineers, therefore as I see it, it becomes even more important that we all make sure to help people out accordingly when approached by potential endusers.

In short, striving to be a good ambassador for the DIY audio community is a self help effort, so let's not call me humble, perhaps I'm just being strategically selfish Wink 

Now, back on topic before I become a smug b"st*rd and rigorously start promoting 8'th order helmholtz bandpass designs using 5.0 or higher qts drivers for live audio use shall we. Wink
Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123