Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TMS3 10" mid driver help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TMS3 10" mid driver help
    Posted: 30 June 2021 at 4:45am
I have recently found myself in possession of a couple of TMS3 cabinets. Unfortunately the rear enclosures for the 10" mid range drivers are missing.

If anyone has or can take some measurements of the enclosures I would be eternally grateful. 

P.s. information on the material it is construction from also appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2021 at 9:50am
Do you mean the cardboard tube and end cap that fit over the driver chassis and magnet in order to seal it?
Lambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2021 at 9:55am
I do indeed
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2021 at 10:53am
QUIKRETE Tube Form in the Concrete Forms department at Lowes.com

maybe something like this might work. Just a suggestion. Just router out a piece of mdf or plywood to make the lid.
Lambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2021 at 10:56am
Hi doller, 

That was my plan to use some kind of industrial core. 

Just need to find out the dimensions of the original tubes.
Boxes-R-Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2021 at 11:58pm
A stack of 18mm MDF of correct dimms would work, if you are still stuck I can prob measure on of mine at the weekend...

You need a bit of Carpet underlay in there to damp the whole job, they bonk without it..

Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
incasound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2021 at 9:37pm
Hi mate,are you in a rush for measurements ? I have tms3 stacked in the warehouse. Could have a look for you in the coming weeks once I arrange a couple hands to help me move the boxes ?
Paul
Lambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2021 at 3:53am
Good point with the carpet underlay. and yes if you have a chance measurements would be greatly appreciated.
Lambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2021 at 3:58am
Originally posted by incasound incasound wrote:

Hi mate,are you in a rush for measurements ? I have tms3 stacked in the warehouse. Could have a look for you in the coming weeks once I arrange a couple hands to help me move the boxes ?
Paul

I'm in no rush mate. If boxes-r-us has easier access to his cabs save your spine. Thanks regardless.
 Post Reply Post Reply