Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is he doing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is he doing?
    Posted: 07 July 2021 at 2:06am
ヤフオク! - JBL 130F£ 励£型ウーファー 最強の音 ペア電... (yahoo.co.jp)

As the title. Hit translate. I kind of understand but can anyone explain what his motives are please.
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2021 at 8:36am
field coil conversion by the looks of things

purple monkey dishwasher
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2021 at 8:48am
But why would you go to all of that effort? Lower distortion better response. Why is it better? I am just interested. Quite new to me.

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2021 at 8:56am
The motive is a better sounding full-range speaker. Particularly in the mid-range region. Vocals and Brass tends to sound more pronounced using such a design scheme. 

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2021 at 10:24am
Thanks Elliot I now have a better understanding thanks to google. It's all a bit jazz i think. 
I have never been a fan of the 15inch full range seems like half range to me. Need some 2405's in there. The locals here don't seem to agree.
I have seen plenty feestreak (if that is how you spell it) but never heard them.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2021 at 11:59am

Musical taste would steer a person towards or against field coil loudspeakers. There is really no rule when it comes to Audio. Providing it sounds good to the listener that's all that matters. At the end of the day, personal preference prevails over anything else.

I own a few Faital Pro 3FE25 full-range speakers. They perform well into the tweeter range however, cannot compare to a JBL 2405 or JBL 2404 for ultra high frequencies.

Best Regards,  

Elliot Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply