Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transporting hog scoops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkroeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transporting hog scoops
    Posted: 11 July 2021 at 1:40am
Ive always transported cabinets with the drivers vertical so hitting a bump wouldn't push one past their excursion.  I have hog scoops and standing up  their drivers are close to a 45 degree angle. Laying them on their side would make the driver upright.  Anyone have a problem transporting them standing up?
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2021 at 2:54am
I tend to put mine in the van upside down so the top of the cabinet is on the bottom of the van. I do this because the centre of gravity on the box is quite high and they feel much more stable when moved like that. Never had a problem with the cones in 10+ years.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
tkroeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkroeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2021 at 2:40pm
Awesome, thanks!!
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2021 at 3:37pm
Load them in any direction they fit, it makes no difference. Hitting a bump wont cause any meaningful cone movement relative to the chassis. Trust me, no one is worrying about this when loading trucks touring kit around the world and speakers ain't dying as a result.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2021 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

Load them in any direction they fit, it makes no difference. Hitting a bump wont cause any meaningful cone movement relative to the chassis. Trust me, no one is worrying about this when loading trucks touring kit around the world and speakers ain't dying as a result.

+1 on that. 

If one is this concerned about the gear, one is in the wrong business.
It is build to last this kind of abuse.
Even a 60cm drop from the loading ramp of a truck will not result in bottoming out. 
Magnet shifting could occure, but its rare. 
tkroeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkroeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2021 at 7:44pm
Perfect thanks.
tkroeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkroeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2021 at 7:44pm
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply