Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

large sound systems book

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vintageaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: large sound systems book
    Posted: 11 July 2021 at 5:00pm
https://www.deeplyvale.com/wem-pa-book

the only book so far on the history of pa speaker boxes
can ship worldwide    e mail hawkethos@gmail.com

It will sell out as it is only 500 limited edition run, 148 pages on silk art paper

just under 200 rare photos, many not seen before, many in colour, unseen photos of artists at The Isle of Wight 1970 including Hendrix, history of WEM PA systems and Starfinder guitar cabinets, WEM with Pink Floyd at Pompeii, the Floyd transition into Martin Audio , Martin Audio Kelsey Moriis and so much more.

If you haven't got this book yet this is what Chris Leckie -who has mixed front of house for Kaiser Chiefs, Dio , Texas and more- thinks about the book
"This book is a fascinating insight into the history of our industry and a fitting tribute to those pioneers who, when there was no instruction manual to consult, had to make it up as they went along      Using that most reliable method of trial and error, in tandem with a great deal of technical knowledge, these guys (literally) did the heavy lifting for us in the early days ( have you TRIED to pick up a rack of BGWs?) so that we might achieve the quality of concert sound we all strive for today "
you can buy the book by going to https://www.deeplyvale.com/wem-pa-book
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2021 at 2:13pm
My book arrived this morning. Very interesting and I'm very happy I ordered it. Thank you. 
vintageaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vintageaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2021 at 2:18pm
glad you like it spread the word
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2022 at 2:58pm
class. will order them when i get the $

anyone know of something similar but for danc music rigs?
 Post Reply Post Reply