Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selecting cabs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surftothesun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selecting cabs?
    Posted: 22 July 2021 at 2:47pm
Hi there I am looking to put together a small stack of speakers to play dnb tekno and other part genres. I'm a cabinet maker by trade so I will be building them from scratch. I am looking to build a bass section, kick section, and get some mid/tops ( unsure whether to build these or buy them). This is going to be a slow project so I would like to do it right first time and gather as much knowledge as I can. 

For the Bass section I was originally thinking 1850s but they wouldnt work to their fullest with a kick section. I then consideres LABS/ SBHS as these would work nicely with USBS. But I also came across XC01's design of Danleys Th18. It looks good but as I am new to this I dont fully understand what the response graphs mean and what i can do with them. This is as much research as i've done on the bass section.

Kicks I am unsure of. How can I work out whether a certain driver in a cabinet weill work on top of, say, XC01's TH18? I was looking at es-18's, USB's and also MArtin audio 215's. Is this possible to do or is it a case of trial and error?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply