Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doubts regarding my sound system project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supermartincho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doubts regarding my sound system project
    Posted: 24 July 2021 at 10:07pm
Hi, with my friends we are planning to build our first sound system for electronic music.  I have some doubts and I would like some answers before we build and connect everything.

PA:
2x Subs (RCF LF18G401) in MHB4818 box
1x Mid / Top: MT-130 box with speakers (Precision Devices PD.121 / 2) and (BMS 4555)

Rack:
1x Digital Processor: Behringer DCX2496LE Ultradrive
1x Sub Amp: Behringer NX6000W
1x Mid Amp: t.Amp e800
1x top Amp: t.Amp e400
(all at 8 ohms)

I begin to leave my doubts:

1) How do I amp the MT 130? Do I need 2 amps (one for each driver) or with 1 amp i can power both drivers? If so, which amp do you recomend me?
2) How do I make the speakon connectors in the box? Do I use 1 speakon or 2 for the MT 130?
3) Everything will be powered from a generator, do you recommend me to look at a voltage stabilizer?

Any other contribution to the subject would be very good for me. Thanks a lot and sorry for my english
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2021 at 11:56pm
  If you're only running the one mid top then you won't need seperate mid and top amps, just use one e800 with mid on one channel and top on the other. Regarding connections, fit a 4 pole speakon to the cab with mid on +1 and -1 and top on +2 and -2 and then run a 4 core cable to the amp (4x1.5mm will be more than adequate at those power levels). Welcome to the forum by the way. Smile
Supermartincho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supermartincho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2021 at 12:43am
Hey! Thanks for the reply! Won't be too much power for the top? 
LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2021 at 1:10am
About power you are limiting this with the dcx. And bigger amps are likely better sounding.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2021 at 1:11am
  There's no such thing as too much power, you can always turn an amp down, you can't always turn an amp up, headroom is good! The e800 puts out 350w into 8r so is well matched to the PD121/2, I'd probably pull the channel powering the compression driver back by 3db but imo 4x rms for a comp driver is about right. 
Supermartincho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supermartincho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2021 at 11:21am
Thanks for the replies guys! 
sushi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sushi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2021 at 12:37pm
Hi! I understand this will be your first rig, so it's ok to spare some money buying cheap gear.. but i would advice you get some better amps and lms, they can really make some difference in performance.
Ok with the NX6000 for now, as a longtime NU6000 owner i can say they are quite good for the price and you probably never get to brake them, don't expect them to be crystal clear sounding though: they are budget amps for budget situations. You'd better get some TA2400MKX instead of the E800, better sounding amp and surely more reliable when pushed to its limits.
As for your questions:
You will need to biamp the MT and since you have a mono rig you can do it with one amp ans one connector on the cab like someone said, your lms set in a mono 3 way config, and a 4 core cable with the +-1 and +-2 on separate frequency bands.. if you never made this sort of connections get some help from a skilled friend, or just go for the 2 separate speakon connectors solution (you can always use the second connector as a parallel link if you double up the rig in the future) you will need to delay the top with your lms as well, to time allign mids and highs.
Definitely get a good generator with voltage and frequency stabilizer otherwise you might damage amps and speakers.
Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply