Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Convert Klark Tekniks EQ Pin 3 Hot to Pin 2 Hot
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Convert Klark Tekniks EQ Pin 3 Hot to Pin 2 Hot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convert Klark Tekniks EQ Pin 3 Hot to Pin 2 Hot
    Posted: 27 July 2021 at 2:46pm
Need competent London based engineer to do this.

Recommendations for someone, who is quick, reliable, answers the phone.

Edited by levyte357- - 27 July 2021 at 2:46pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Tinnitus Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinnitus Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 10:12pm
If we are talking DN360 (without balancing transformers  and if your trying to send it an unbalanced input),  just make some dedicated xlr LEADS that swap pin 2 and pin3 in the male xlr of the lead for the inputs and female xlr lead for the outputs . just as  some bonus info ,"if/WHEN" you have problems of sound cutting out intermitantly on a dn360 ,remove and bypass the (pointless and expensive) power bypass relay on the internal circuit board  that the xlrs live on.(working on this is horrible ,I bypassed the relay and still didnt  bother swapping the pins of the xlrs on this board due to the design) The demon of the pin three hot unbalanced  un-standard will probably haunt us forever.

Edited by Tinnitus Rex - 27 July 2021 at 11:31pm
"couldn't we just like... use headphones?"
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Tinnitus Rex Tinnitus Rex wrote:

If we are talking DN360 (without balancing transformers  and if your trying to send it an unbalanced input),  just make some dedicated xlr LEADS that swap pin 2 and pin3 in the male xlr of the lead for the inputs and female xlr lead for the outputs . just as  some bonus info ,"if/WHEN" you have problems of sound cutting out intermitantly on a dn360 ,remove and bypass the (pointless and expensive) power bypass relay on the internal circuit board  that the xlrs live on.(working on this is horrible ,I bypassed the relay and still didnt  bother swapping the pins of the xlrs on this board due to the design) The demon of the pin three hot unbalanced  un-standard will probably haunt us forever.

Thanks for that, I do remember making a "frig" XLR lead, years ago..

Beginning to wonder if the awesome sound of this Eq, outweighs this pin3 hot, unbalanced nightmares.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 9:33am
I have a few BSS xovers (& FCS 960's) with the same problem. It is easier to just make the cables than try work on the PCB's Total PITA!

Edited by Earplug - 28 July 2021 at 9:34am
Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinnitus Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 9:52am
KT nailed it with the look of black faders on silver/white backdround rather than black everything on most others (the dumbest design to this day!!),the lack of jack sockets and electronic balancing is inconveniant . but once they are racked and cabled there is no issue.
 pin 3 hot  or not they were not the industry standard for nothing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinnitus Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 10:18am
Originally posted by full speed full speed wrote:

i do this on vsx peavey stereo crossover defore years.i just scratch the motherboard unter the balanced terminals and soldered a piece of thin wire to connect the right way the pins.it works perfect.
If only it were that simple on a dn360...

Edited by Tinnitus Rex - 28 July 2021 at 1:56pm
Boxes-R-Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2022 at 2:18am
LMC Ealing...

Or Guildford cable company on Facebook!

Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
 Post Reply Post Reply