Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to export Hornresponse files from .app

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyWave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to export Hornresponse files from .app
    Posted: 12 August 2021 at 4:58pm
Dear macbook(pro) users who run Hornresponse as hornresp.app, made with wine. (wine1.6.x or wine stable)

Where on my harddrive can I find for example the exported hornresponse project files or exported driver files?

If I open the hornresponse.exe with wine (stable), I can copy my projects from version to other by copying hornresp.dat file.

I'd rather not copy all my numerous projects manually.....

I'm quite an idiot what comes to computers, really. I only manage to do these things with wine etc. with a help of a fellow mac user LOL

Cheers, Andy

torturing electrons since ......
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2021 at 12:18am
A default WINE bottle on macOS stores the virtual C:\ drive here:
~/.wine/drive_c/

If you navigate to that in Finder (press Ctrl+Shift+G to launch the Go To command) then you can go to the Hornresp 'Export' folder, which should be within the Users folder e.g.
C:\Users\AndyWave\Documents\Hornresp

You could then modify this with the folder address, and type it into Terminal if you want an easy clickable 'symbolic link' icon to the Hornresp folder in your macOS user's home folder:
ln -s ~/.wine/drive_c/users/andywave/documents/hornresp ~/C_Drive

Note that macOS (a UNIX-like system) uses different slash denotation '/' to Windows '\'

Given how often Hornresp receives updates however, I'd suggest getting a copy of VirtualBox and a Windows ISO. It's more 'heavy' on the Mac than just running Wine, but it means you have much less faffing about in those circumstances. You can also then run other really great, useful tools like BassCADe, VituixCAD, or even AKABAK.

https://www.buildsometech.com/install-windows-7-on-virtualbox-machine/

Edited by toastyghost - 13 August 2021 at 12:23am
AndyWave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyWave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2021 at 5:55pm
Very Big Thank You Sir, and a hug. And a pint....

Sorry reply so late, but got quite busy in my work, until last thursday, when my summer holiday finally started. Now I have all the time in the world for a month to do something I love, or even to do much nothing LOL

Andy

PS I've managed to run akabak.app made with wine for few years now. Got it working by installing first x11window and perian, please don't ask what these do, as I don't know the exact answer.

Edited by AndyWave - 23 August 2021 at 6:01pm
torturing electrons since ......
 Post Reply Post Reply