Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PLASA 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLASA 2021
    Posted: 23 August 2021 at 8:00pm
So I see that PLASA 2021 is being held in the Grand Hall at Olympia in West London (near to Earls Court), between Sunday 5th September to Tuesday 7th September.

You can register for free. So I thought I would take a look at who is exhibiting sound related products:

Aura Audio
Bishopsound
d and b Audiotechnik
Digico
EM Acoustics
KV2 Audio
L'Acoustics
Nexo
Ohm UK
Senheiser
Shure
SSE Audio

I also see that d and b is doing an immersive sound demo, and that KV2 is doing a demo.

Will I go or won't I go?

There are not that many sound related exhibitors, but the Grand Hall is a beautiful victorian building, and there is always the saying 'the early bird catches the worm'.

Might be worth a visit?
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2021 at 10:50pm
Back in the seventies there was a huge trade show at Olympia every year and it was called "The Live Music Show" and there were about fifty or sixty of the big name manufacturers there every year and we used to handle the live sound(in conjunction with Mega/CP Cases).
There was a big room off the balcony that was amazing for sound as it was fully carpeted and curtained with a decent sized stage as well and it was here that the various big name acts with manufacturers sponsorship deals used to perform live shows.
The main hall was purely used for all trade stands which was great for us as we did not have to do battle with Olympias famed diabolical accoustics.
We used to be down there for about four or five days and used to stay in the hotel just over the rail bridge next door to Olympia and we really did have some great times down there in the good old days.
Tinnitus Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinnitus Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2021 at 2:08pm
Never understood how paying thousands to be right next to your competitors wasnt a terrible idea.  but now BS are there it makes slightly more sense.
Heres some must ask questions,
1.what is that ?
2.what does it do?
3.where are the freebees?
I just had a ridiculess thought, B.S.  ending up buying out all its competition , stranger things begining with B have happened.

Edited by Tinnitus Rex - 24 August 2021 at 2:13pm
"couldn't we just like... use headphones?"
 Post Reply Post Reply