Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Personal DJ monitors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmokeyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Personal DJ monitors
    Posted: 24 August 2021 at 8:58pm
Been itching to build some speakers for ages now but due to plans changing and having to rely on others for certain things it hasn’t happened yet.

So a project I can do all on my own is build a small set of DJ monitors for use at home and maybe to take to certain gigs where the monitoring isn’t up to scratch.

I know I can use WinISD to design the boxes but is there a Mac alternative these days?

And for the speakers themselves I am thinking to use co-axial drivers but am open to suggestions here. I don’t know anything about the co-axial drivers available at the moment.

Would really like these boxes to be able to play down to 50Hz nicely. They do not need to go super loud or handle loads of power. I’m thinking maybe an 8” driver, one with a nice warm sound ideally and a smooth top end.

So driver recommendations I suppose is the main thing I’m looking for and also any other things I should consider for this little project. 

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply