Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon echo dot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazon echo dot
    Posted: 25 August 2021 at 5:53pm

E Dot3 I know it's been lockdown and my ears are out of practice but.. Amazon How dare they stream such a good sound out of a 1.6" transducer. . 

It really is an astonishingly full sound at sensible levels..
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
Tinnitus Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinnitus Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2021 at 6:32pm
I took a "Jam hang up"bluetooth speaker to pieces and it looks like the same driver as the echo dot (in a teardown vid I saw)  It uses the whole driver as a passive bass radiator by adding another roll surround  suspending the magnet and main cone and using the mass to form a bass radiator, very sneeky.I agree it sounds quite full especially if you put it in a tiled corner space in a kitchen.The Jam one Ive got has a self adhesive pad that makes it also become a conduction device if you stick it to a box or similar and its waterproof !!
But it does not send bugging information back to HQ (as far as i know...).
Im not so shure this idea would scale up well for anything bigger, like an 18"  LOL

Edited by Tinnitus Rex - 25 August 2021 at 6:38pm
"couldn't we just like... use headphones?"
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2021 at 9:40am
Bonkers isn’t it. 

I bought one during lockdown off Amazon for some silly price like £30. Expecting it to be litter and it has ended up being used daily in our kitchen.

Not hifi quality obviously but more than acceptable for daily radio listening :)
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2021 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Bonkers isn’t it. 

I bought one during lockdown off Amazon for some silly price like £30. Expecting it to be litter and it has ended up being used daily in our kitchen.

Not hifi quality obviously but more than acceptable for daily radio listening :)

Exactly that sitting in the kitchen right now..  prime day bargain + 6 months free access to Amazon music.. AI in the house...

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
 Post Reply Post Reply