Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Club Venue Build - suggestions needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnentrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club Venue Build - suggestions needed
    Posted: 26 August 2021 at 3:49pm
I am building a live music club system. I have pretty much decided on Keystone 18" Subs. This build is within my woodworking abilities. I am building the system to support 300-people. Target is to have (2) Keystones per side  (4 total). I might periodically bring it outside into a courtyard that would host 400? people. I want mega punch from the kick drum and think Keystones could provide this.

What tops would be a nice combo with the above? I have read TONS in these DIY forums and need additional help to get started. My main concern is not understanding some of the special carved (mountain?) baffles that I have seen. 

What relatively simple designs would there be for tops to match the keystone subs? Budget is not a concern- I am doing this because I enjoy the process/journey and want to learn.

After I decide on tops, I will ask suggestions for matching drivers, DSP processing (I was a sound tech prior to DSP and have a learning curve), and amps that you might recommend.

Thanks!
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2021 at 7:02pm
If you have funds, go for pm90 (peter morris) diy tops. 

Otherwise, you can shop around for used tops, the european market is overflowing......

Hard to do a good diy effort from a cold start....... subwoofers are relatively easy.

Processing and crossover adjustment is key. Everything is always a compromise. 

Edited by bob4 - 28 August 2021 at 7:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply