Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats the best mini scoop I can get plans for?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 12:04pm
Best free Mini Scoop plans I know of are Rhino and MS18 Minis.

If you want to try optimizing those further, within same size, suggest you contact Mykey/Staiper.

Or, try to reach Builders like QSS, SteveB, Bee, Saul, Mr Ultimate, HBL, but they may not give out trade secrets for free !!

Edited by levyte357- - 09 September 2021 at 12:07pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Electric Vintage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electric Vintage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 12:29pm
I wasn't trying to discuss the Shortman, I was trying to discuss what you would do to optimise the MS18 further.

Running systems nearly as old as himself!
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Electric Vintage Electric Vintage wrote:

I wasn't trying to discuss the Shortman, I was trying to discuss what you would do to optimise the MS18 further.

I would not discuss that in the open either, as it has been proven, some viewers of this site, take ideas, incorporate them in their own cabs, and sell them for a profit.

Void V18-1000 or PD1851 in standard MS18 Mk2 will make decent bit of noise.

People who would know how to performance enhance MS-18, would be builders who have been building Scoops for years, and know what to change for certain result, they also would not give that knowledge away, freely.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Cannot discuss the internals of Shortman mini, as it is patented design.

Is it? Do you have the patent reference?

Someone was asking about ‘mini scoop’ theory and history on here not so long ago for their dissertation, and I’m sure they’d be keen to see a patent officer approved technical description of the invention.
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 1:27pm
A pointless thread. 

As is the scoop forum since all the interesting technical info on scoop tweaking/theory throughout the forum has been pretty much deleted by a certain person.

Go figure
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Electric Vintage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electric Vintage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by valve head777 valve head777 wrote:

A pointless thread. 

As is the scoop forum since all the interesting technical info on scoop tweaking/theory throughout the forum has been pretty much deleted by a certain person.

Go figure

I couldn't agree more. The only information I have got from this thread is that there are some drivers for sale lol......

Running systems nearly as old as himself!
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2021 at 12:22pm
Awwwww..

2021, and the Speakerplans Scoop toddlers, still throwing their toys out the pram, because they are not handed valuable Scoop design information, for free, and can't be bothered to read past posts, to figure stuff out..

Edited by levyte357- - 11 September 2021 at 12:23pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 11:28am
2021 already and people are still building scoops. :)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Tweeter_Box View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tweeter_Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Electric Vintage Electric Vintage wrote:

As it says on the tin..... I'm just about to put together a small system so I'm currently looking to build some mini scoops. At the moment I can only find Staipers MS-18s but are there any others I can consider? I've already ruled out the MS-46 as the MS-18 looks better suited for me.
Obviously I'd love to build some Shortmans but know the plans aren't available and buying some isn't an option as I want a natural finish and being honest I prefer to self-build. 

id go with staipers 
https://www.facebook.com/PurpleAudioRecords
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12