Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TFL 760 Filter (eating tweeters)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TFL 760 Filter (eating tweeters)
    Posted: 21 September 2021 at 8:02am
I suspect the filter in one of our TFL 760 is broken. The cabinet destroyed multiple tweeters, while other cabinets were doing fine with the same amp/ cable/ ...

I heard this is a common problem with the TFL 760, is there any more information about this? What exactly is breaking the tweeter?

How would I go about removing the filter? If I understand correctly, the tweeters will be 8 ohm if the filter is removed, not 16 ohm?

I recently found a post by Quentin Mrtk comparing the original CD-103 to a EV DH3 with the following measurements:
Green: original turbosound
Blue: Dh3 electrovoice

This seems like a huge difference in response. I always thought the CD-103 is a rebadged DH3, but is this not true? Is it best to get the destroyed tweeters recoiled, instead of replacing them with DH3 diaphragms?

Edited by Futendra - 21 September 2021 at 8:48am
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 3:42pm
This thread may have some relevent info... Turbosound Floodlight internal protection filter - Speakerplans.com Forums - Page 1

A passive crossover or filter won't change a drivers impedance, but if it is damaged the driver can easily be blown. I suggest you take it out and inspect for damage, and then repair as necessary. 
 Post Reply Post Reply