Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tony Wilkes Q12x2 Sub + 2x8 Top

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeNNNseN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 12:07am
hi Markie,

yeah im pretty sure :) i wanna use this sub for private use (little party's up to 50 people) and combine it with two 8 inch top's (b&c coax).

greez
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 12:17am
I had a pair of these that I used with Tannoy i8 dual concentrics. Sounded superb.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 12:23am
2 more posts and you can use the PM system

LeNNNseN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeNNNseN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 12:23am
My selfmade B&C 8CX21 looks nealry the same.. 4 Ports in the corners - nice mid's, but i have to finetune the high frequencies. Sometimes they sound a bit "harsh".
LeNNNseN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeNNNseN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 12:25am
Did you test with/without the foam in the q2x12-cabinet?
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 12:27am
They are a bit higher sensitivity than the tannoys, but used on their own they lack a bit of low end. The subs should help with that

markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 12:29am
No, didn't test without the foam, I went with Tony's recommendation. He was a very talented guy.

You now have 10 points so PM me with your e-mail and I'll e-mail the plans.

Edited by markie - 27 November 2021 at 12:29am
nativelayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nativelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2023 at 4:16pm
Hi Markie,
There is someone who would like a copy of the plans and is happy to make a donation. 
He is using me as an avatar as he is trying to reduce the number of forum's that distract him! Smile
Please could you pass me the details (for payment etc.) and process, so that I can pass this to him and get the ball rolling.
Thanks for all your help.
Kind regards
Chris
There is no authority but yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12