Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A happy medium between quality and value

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ T Wrecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A happy medium between quality and value
    Posted: 21 October 2021 at 2:51am
Hi all,

Looking at different options for amplification and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the choices. I am seeing that the high end amps end up costing upwards of $1.00 per watt (Crown ITech, Powersoft T-Series) and the cheapo chinese amps are more like $0.10 per watt. Anyway I would like to find a solution which is in the middle of the road, so to speak, between quality and value. Ultimately I would like solid performance and high power at a moderate price.

What amplifiers would fall into the category of 'midgrade' so to speak? The Powersoft K-Series look pretty solid and can now be obtained for ~60% of original MSRP as they are discontinued. Are there any other lines which I should be considering?

Thank you in advance
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 10:02pm
I suppose its what's available to you
CVR3302 https://www.facebook.com/cvramplifier/
Chinese amps to me are getting better just need to make sure you have a good warranty and available dealer for parts. I think this boils down to application ie Rider tech requirements

MC2 Series https://www.mc2-audio.co.uk/products/e-series/
Soundbite
 Post Reply Post Reply