Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

db mark bits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2022 at 12:53am
After using a bunch od DB mark and other chinese DSPs over the last decade or so, i still belive that it is not an upgrade to the DCX. Untill your have 1K+ for a DSP, nothing touch the DCX.
Argue waht ever you want but i stay on my opinion. :)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 2:57am
I gotta say though, the new XCA+ add more features than the last revision. Playing around with a fresh XCA24+ at the moment. They've added Dynamic EQ, and the software is better, plus now they are IP based and can apparently link a bunch up on a LAN, so no need to use the dial on the front. Chassis build is way stronger/better than the DCX. Would like more than 6 EQ points on each output though for fine detailing that would be nice but I guess I'm used to Hypex where they give 15 per output.

I've had a DCX since maybe 2014 with 0 issues.

My XCA28 since maybe 2016 and no issues except for an orange comp light that gets stuck on once it triggers on output 5 every so often. Think it's just the light tho, no actual limiting occurring.
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 2:59am
Plus you can now edit what shows on the front page of the XCA so you can write "leave this processor the f*^k alone" if you wanted LOL
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by vertx vertx wrote:

Plus you can now edit what shows on the front page of the XCA so you can write "leave this processor the f*^k alone" if you wanted LOL

does the password protection disable the front panel or does it just lock you out the control software?
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 1:55pm
Looks like you can lock all the hardware functionality on the device with a password or just some of it:

edited for image issues

Edited by angus - 30 June 2022 at 1:58pm
They're complaining over there, but it's their fault!
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 2:03pm
[duplicate post]

Edited by angus - 30 June 2022 at 2:04pm
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

After using a bunch od DB mark and other chinese DSPs over the last decade or so, i still belive that it is not an upgrade to the DCX. Untill your have 1K+ for a DSP, nothing touch the DCX.
Argue waht ever you want but i stay on my opinion. :)

They do seem like good units and I did like my DCX a lot when i had it but sadly I had to sell it a while back. I've since picked up a BSS Soundweb 9088iis for a good price, which is working ok for me at the moment with the control software, but I'm not so sure about its relative sound quality - it might be a bit noisy as far as I can tell in my initial tests but I'm not sure if it's the rest of my system of the device itself. Have you used these Soundwebs much before MarjanM?
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2022 at 10:28pm
I have both the DCX and XCA28 in active use. I've done A/B testing side by side and I swear the dbmark sounds better. 
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2022 at 10:28am
post from andy detailing the two models...

Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2022 at 6:44pm
Im using the xca28+ in a studio setting used a dcx before.
First thing that was obvious was much much less noise making the sound more transparent and clear in the start. Now the nuances i dont know but the dcx was definately not made with studios in mind.
But the xca has a small fan which has a horrid buzz , I got used to it tho.
Wonder if it could handle the heat without it Smile
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2022 at 9:02am
is it possible to link two units together for more outputs as you can do with xilicia stuff?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2022 at 9:06am
I didn't know you could do that with xilica..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12