Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Omnitronic BX-1550 / 15" w/ 2x circular ports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Omnitronic BX-1550 / 15" w/ 2x circular ports
    Posted: 17 December 2021 at 6:36pm
hi there peeps, i've got a pair of cabinets that are apparently duplicates of Omnitronic BX-1550.

the originals look like awful cheap things, but the owner was apparently attached to them enough to want to start work on a pair made from nice ply.
they are really quite well made and my friend is finishing them off to a good standard.

just wondering if anyone is aware of a similar design so i can check a few details regarding baffles, bracing, port length, etc

i assume the cabinet dimensions are true to the original design, maybe that's all the original constructor checked for. they've put the top hat mount in the wrong side too :p

would value any opinions and thoughts, i'm also after driver suggestions for these - if you have any, i'm all ears.

Edited by teeth - 18 December 2021 at 4:46pm
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2021 at 9:30am
To select driver, you need cabinet netto volume and reflex port dimensions. Download winisd (free) so see what driver works. 
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2021 at 4:04pm
thanks contour, plugged in some dimensions and had a play. great fun.

now wondering if these could become kick bins...? they don't go very low.
 Post Reply Post Reply