Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Peavey Hisys Dual 15 Cabinet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchiemasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Peavey Hisys Dual 15 Cabinet
    Posted: 17 December 2021 at 7:20pm
Apart from using it as a large bin or burning it... what would be a good option to do with this?

VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2021 at 9:00pm
How about restoring it and selling to a Pub as a small sub or a Teen DJ. Over and over I have restored old beat up speakers. There is always someone looking for a deal. There is a Guy about 20 miles from My place that burns old PA speakers all the time. He seems to Love to burn old Altec A7s. There is a good market for old Altecs and others...NO..in the Fire Pit they go...Sad.
mitchiemasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchiemasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2021 at 9:44pm
Yes, I intend to restore it. I was curious about drivers suitable for cabinet volume and what budget would be worth stretching too before it's wasted as the cabinet itself isn't that great, or if the cabinet would actually suit something more serious.

I've already removed the carpet and still have the handles etc. As there's no original grill the front lip will be trimmed back and a different grill fitted.

The Hisys 2's in the other thread are a little bit further forward and have been sanded and painted. 
 Post Reply Post Reply